This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Modifying/over riding loadgen script

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Hi,

First of all, let me thank you for this great tool. It really helps us in analyzing the performance of our BizTalk landscape.

I'm looking if there is any way to override your load gen settings. Currently the loadgen script is getting overwritten right before the test starts so I feel there is no way to override it. My intention is to change the StopMode from Time to Files for example. Or change the SleepInterval or LotSizePerInterval to something smaller. The reason why, we would like to reduce the number of messages the loadgen is generating because our SQL server hits CPU 100% really quickly. Even when we tried to set the test for 1 minute, the SQL server was hitting the max. I would like to find the persistence point, in this case the number of messages when our SQL server will start reaching the max CPU. So by increasing the number of messages from loadgen will give us this persistence point.

rgds,
saz

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Hi Saz,

Sorry for the late reply....xmas and all...

Yes the loadgen scripts are overloaded, or rather copied and modified as you run the tests. This is because they need to be modified with servernames etc. The "base" scripts are stored in the Resourses\LoadGen Scripts folder. You could update these scripts or you could make copy and then update the Scenario.xml file to say what script to be used for what scenario.

One way to do this would be to set the ThrottleControler to point to your SQL server:

<ThrottleController Mode="Custom">
<Monitor Name="CPU">
<Assembly>PerfCounterMonitor.dll/PerfCounterMonitor.PerfCounterMonitorLib</Assembly>
<ThresholdRange>90-95</ThresholdRange>
<SleepInterval>400</SleepInterval>
<Parameters>Processor</Parameters>
<Parameters>% Processor Time</Parameters>
<Parameters>_Total</Parameters>
<Parameters>YOURSQLSERVER</Parameters>
</Monitor>
<ThrottleCondition>CPU</ThrottleCondition>
<ThrottleInterval>400</ThrottleInterval>
</ThrottleController>

I assume you do this to give you more time to analyse the problem...

HTH

//Mikael